Skip Navigation

“Employment” is any work performed in exchange for compensation. Compensation can include money, room and board, or other significant benefits. Before accepting any kind of employment, be sure it is allowed by the F-1 regulations. Note that the off-campus employment opportunities generally require you to have completed one full academic year to be eligible to apply for authorization. Consult an OIS advisor with any questions related to F-1 status and employment.