Skip Navigation

Below are forms related to J-1 Research and Short-term Scholars. Before submitting a form, please make sure you are familiar with the J-1 Exchange Visitor information in this section of the website. 

Initial, Extension/Amendment J-1 Requests

J-1 Requests are submitted electronically through iHopkins.  Departmental Administrators who do not have access to iHopkins must attend a training session prior to being granted access.  

J1 English Proficiency Form [J1 INITIAL REQUESTS ONLY: this form is used for interviews conducted to determine English proficiency for all appointment types]

J1 Health Insurance Pledge [This pdf is only used in special circumstances.  In most cases, the Health Insurance Pledge is submitted as an eform in conjunction with a J-1 initial or extension/amendment request.]

Other J Request Forms

Please submit forms to the OIS by email to [email protected]

J-1 Transfer Out Departmental Confirmation Form

J-1 Interdepartmental Transfer Form

[the Interdepartmental Transfer Form is for J-1 Research Scholars changing departments and/or schools within JHU]