Skip Navigation

What Positions Qualify for H-1B Sponsorship?

The U.S. government has designated the H-1B temporary worker non-immigrant status for individuals coming to the U.S. to perform services in a specialty occupation. The position must be a “specialty occupation” which is defined by the United States Citizenship & Immigration Services [USCIS] as “an occupation that requires (A) theoretical and practical application of a body of highly specialized knowledge, and (B) attainment of a bachelor’s or higher degree in the specific specialty as a minimum for entry into the occupation in the United States.” INA 214(i); 8USC 1184(i)

The decision to extend H-1B sponsorship to an individual is made only after all institutional policies have been considered and adhered to fully. The Visa Information Page was developed to help non-immigrants considering an offer of employment or apointment, as well as administrators in the hiring departments understand institutional standards for sponsorship for H-1B or other non-immigrant statuses.

Please carefully review the Visa Information Page, then consult the OIS. It is not at the discretion of the non-immigrant to determine the sponsorship to be extended