Skip Navigation


This page contains forms relevant to international students in J-1 Student status. Before completing one of the following forms, please make sure you have read the section of this website that explains how the form is used. If you have any questions, contact an advisor using the email addresses below.

Submitting J-1 Request Forms

All forms must be submitted through iHopkins.  All requests must be submitted in timely manner.  Make sure to gather all required documentation before you submit your request.  Incomplete requests will not be processed.  

To submit your completed form, please send it via email to the appropriate address listed above.

  1. Go to
  2. Click "Login" under "Active JHED Login."
  3. Login with your JHED ID and password
  4. Once logged in, click on "J-1 Student Services" in the menu on the left, then click on "Submit a Request"
  5. You will be required to upload all the documents as one PDF file.

J-2 Dependent Request

DS-2019 Extension Request

Health Insurance Pledge

This form should be submitted to the OIS with requests for initial J-1 sponsorship and with all DS-2019 extension and/or amendment requests.

Request for Absence from Country for More Than 5 Months

Reduced Course Load Request

Academic Training Request

J-1 SEVIS Transfer Out Form