Skip Navigation

Below are forms related to J-1 Research and Short-term Scholars. Before submitting a form, please make sure you are familiar with the J-1 Exchange Visitor information in this section of the website. 

Initial, Extension/Amendment J-1 Requests

As of February 28, 2017, all J-1 requests must be submitted via iHopkins.  Departmental Administrators who do not have access to iHopkins must attend a training session prior to being granted access.  

The forms below must be uploaded to iHopkins as part of a J-1 request.

J1 English Proficiency Form [J1 INITIAL REQUESTS ONLY: this form is used for interviews conducted to determine English proficiency for all appointment types]

J1 Health Insurance Pledge

[this form must accompany all J-1 paper requests: initial, extension and amendment]

Other J Request Forms

Please submit forms to the OIS by email based on the school or department hosting the J-1 scholar. 

School of Medicine, Bloomberg School of Public Health and School of Nursing:


All others:


J-2 Dependent Request Form

Notice of Departure

J-1 Transfer Out Form

J-1 Interdepartmental Transfer Form

[the Interdepartmental Transfer Form is for J-1 Research Scholars changing departments within JHMI]