OIS IS CLOSED TO THE PUBLIC EFFECTIVE MONDAY, 3/16 UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
To ensure the safety and welfare of the staff of the Office of International Services [OIS] and our clients, the following measures are being immediately implemented. Also, due to staff availability and telework accommodations, OIS response time to phone and e-mail inquiries may be increased.
All advising will be provided by e-mail or phone
Travel Signatures and I-20 Reprints for F-1 Students
Students may request a travel signature or I-20 reprint by submitting the “Travel Signature/I-20 Reprint Form” in iHopkins under the F-1 Student Services section. Please plan ahead and allow up to 10 business days for issuing your I-20. You will have the following options for receiving your I-20:
1. U.S. Postal Service (U.S. addresses only)
2. eShip Global
3. Electronic I-20 [F-1 Students ONLY]. During the COVID-19 emergency, SEVP is allowing schools to issue the I-20 electronically. If you choose this option, you will receive a digitally signed Form I-20 that contains a digitally reproduced copy of a physical signature. We will send it to you by secure email to the email address we have on file. To open the email and retrieve your I-20 from a non-JHU email address, you will be prompted to set up an account with Cisco Registered Envelope Service (CRES). Instructions for creating an account can be found here.
SEVP has coordinated with both the Department of State and U.S. Customs and Border Protection regarding their policy to allow electronic I-20 issuance for the duration of the COVID-19 emergency. You may want to consider printing the announcement and carrying it with you when you apply for a visa or enter the U.S. to help avoid confusion.
J-1 Students may request a travel signature or DS-2019 document collection (for extensions/amendments, date changes, or reprint reasons). Please plan ahead and allow up to 10 business days for issuing and shipping your new DS-2019. You will have the following options for receiving your DS-2019.
- U.S. Postal Service (U.S. addresses only): Provide the preferred mailing address to email@example.com with the subject line: STANDARD MAIL SHIPPING REQUEST. Indicate in the subject line whether the purpose is TRAVEL SIGNATURE or DS-2019 DOCUMENT COLLECTION.
- eShip Global: Submit an eShip Global request *then* immediately submit an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: eShipGlobal e-form submitted. Indicate in the subject line whether the purpose is TRAVEL SIGNATURE or DS-2019 DOCUMENT COLLECTION.
J-1 Scholars may request a travel signature or DS-2019 reprint by submitting the "Travel Signature/DS-2019 Reprint Form" in iHopkins under the J-1 Scholar Services Section. Please plan ahead and allow up to 10 business days for issuing and shipping your new DS-2019. You will have the following options for receiving your DS-2019.
- U.S. Postal Service (U.S. addresses only)
- eShip Global
Optional Practical Training (OPT)
Students submitting OPT requests will have the option of requesting a phone appointment with an advisor to review their OPT request before the new I-20 is created. Instructions for requesting an appointment are in the Post-Completion OPT Quiz and eForm in iHopkins.
Noppadon Moapichai - Director
Olivia Kilbride - International Services Advisor