On October 6, 2014, the U.S. Department of State announced that it is amending the general rules covering the J-1 Exchange Visitor Program, effective January 5, 2015. The Office of International Services (OIS) is working diligently to revise procedures and policies to comply with the new regulations.
Departments and Divisions will need to anticipate changes to OIS forms including, but not limited to: added funding requirements; insurance attestations; confirmation of English language proficiency and increased monitoring of J-2 dependents.
The OIS will offer the following information sessions to review the new requirements and the revised forms, and is working to schedule a similar session at the Washington, D.C. campus.
- Monday, December 1, 2014 11:00 – 12:00, West Lecture Hall, Wood Basic Science Building, East Baltimore
- Monday, December 1, 2014 3:00 – 4:00, Krieger 304, Homewood Campus
- Friday, December 5, 2014 11:00 – 12:00, West Lecture Hall, Wood Basic Science Building, East Baltimore
- Friday, December 5, 2014 3:00 – 4:00, Hodson 311, Homewood Campus
- Monday, December 8, 2014 10:30 – 12:00, SAIS / BOB 310, 1717 Massachusetts Ave, NW
These information sessions are for Administrators, Coordinators and other professional staff who facilitate J-1 visa applications for a JHU Department or Division. The session is NOT intended for J-1 Exchange Visitors. Registration is not required.