The H-1B Request Process
The OIS implemented a new electronic H-1B process in February 2014. This process will allow sponsoring Departments and H-1B applicants to submit all forms via iHopkins, the central database used by the OIS to process H-1B applications. Department Administrators must participate in training before being granted access to iHopkins.
Benefits of the Electronic Process:
- Ability to manage your case load and monitor the status of H-1B cases via iHopkins.
- Electronic Posting process removes the need for departments to post paper notices in all work sites.
- Improved Actual Wage reporting process.
- Ability to submit all required forms via iHopkins.
- Monthly training will be offered for new and continuing users
- The OIS will only accept H-1B requests submitted via iHopkins after February 24, 2014.
- All H-1B cases will be prepared and filed by the OIS@JHMI. H-1B Advising and support will continue to be available at Homewood and SAIS.
- Individuals who are responsible for processing H-1B requests must participate in Mandatory Training. Individuals who have not attended a training session will not be granted access to iHopkins, and thus, not able to initiate a H-1B request.
- Resources for individuals who have attended the mandatory training can be found in JHBox.
- New electronic forms will be available February 3rd
- Beginning February 24, 2014, only electronic forms will be accepted.
Upcoming Training Sessions
- Training is offered the third Thursday of every month from 9:30 - 11:30 in the first floor conference room of Reed Hall.
- Attendees are asked to email the following information to H1B-Employment@jhmi.edu
- Last Name
- First Name
- E-mail Address